Archos 101 is the latest Android tablet from Archos which features a large capacitive 10.1-inch multi-touch, 1024 x 600 resolution display, 1GHz Coretex A8 processor, 8GB or 16GB of internal memory space, 802.11b/g/n WiFi, Bluetooth 2.1 and a 0.3 mp front-facing web cam. Also gives you 10-hr battery life, USB and HDMI ports, and supports Adobe Flash 10.1 support. (See full specs)
Archos 101 Internet tablet can play HD multimedia properly and supports multitasking on several applications.
This new android Archos tablet has a built-in multi-positional kickstand for easy keyboard typing and watching movies. MicroSD card support is up to 32 gb.
Using TV output, you can see all screen on a compatible HDTV or computer monitor.
You can even play a movie which is located on your local computer in another room without copying it to Archos 101 tablet. All you need to connect with built-in Samba, UPnP protocols over Wi-fi. It saves valuable space on the tablet.
Needless to emphasize that Archos 101 has many pre-loaded applications including OfficeSuite (for managing word, excel, powerpoint files). It can show ebooks and pdf files as well.
Archos 101 Pros:
- Very fast OS start
- Fast change on portrait and landscape modes
- 3D gaming is a fun with fast moving graphics
- Google apps work (Google Marketplace)
- HDMI output
- Price is not that high as in iPad or Samsung Galaxy Tab
- A bit glossy on direct sunlight
- Viewing angle is not so wide
- Runs on Android 2.1 and we don’t know yet when exactly Android 2.2 update will come. So, Archos firmware upgrade can take some time.
- It has no 3G (but can be tethered to a 3G enabled phone using USB or Bluetooth)